Thursday, February 09, 2006

we are all nerds here

A comment-conversation with Lucy has made me want to write about nerdiness. Don't have time right now, but as a preview, witness a brief moment from the conversation had over beers last night after choir rehearsal.

Players:
Kermit
Young Soprano
British Bass

BB is in the bathroom. Kermit and YS talk about their taste in men. YS turns out to have a taste that closely describes BB (tall, skinny, nerdy-looking, "not Jewish" [in reaction to her family, and particularly to her sister's becoming more Jewish and marrying an Orthodox man]). Kermit makes a movie character analogy to which YS agrees.

BB returns, and asks what we've come up with. There is a suspicious pause.

BB: Well, you don't *have* to tell me.
Kermit: Um, I think we decided that in Ghostbusters, we'd go for Harold Ramis over Bill Murray.
BB: Oh, I don't think I've seen Ghostbusters.

Yeah, when I was a little tadpole, I kind of liked Harold Ramis. As I said before: we are all nerds here.

No comments: