Monday, March 26, 2007

feeling professional

I just received my first request to write a letter of recommendation for a student - for med school, no less. Makes me wonder, in fact, whether he didn't take the class specifically to get a letter of recommendation from a non-science professor... is that too Machiavellian? In any case, I'm happy to do it; the student produced quite a fine portfolio for the class, and whatever his reason for taking it as an elective (which few students do), he contributed well.

2 comments:

luckybuzz said...

I think that qualifies as professional....and thank goodness it's a good student, right? :)

kermitthefrog said...

Exactly. Luckily, any upperclass student taking my class is taking it as an elective, which means they probably won't do badly. And come recommendation time, I'm able to help them out. "Them" being just this one, of course. :)