Thursday, March 01, 2007

notes on social strategizing

I am leaving for New York Friday after class, and will be there until next Thursday. I'd like to use spring break to get together with some friends I haven't seen in a while:
Oldest Friend, whom my mom has seen more recently than I have (we're from the same town). I can watch TV or a movie with her, or get a meal.
College Friend now attends a graduate program in my neighborhood, so we can meet up for a drink around there on a day when he has class.
I would love to see Singing Friend again and play Guitar Hero with her, but we do live rather far apart... have to wait and see about her.
And I've been feeling awkward around High School Friend for a little while. I think the solution is to be proactive about seeing her and remind myself why we're friends.

4 people, 4 different chronological periods of my life. I can't wait to have a larger apartment so I can have them all over at once - as it stands, my living room is not big enough to have a respectable cocktail party, let alone dinner.

No comments: