Monday, October 22, 2007

academic structuring

1. Dr. B. Hussy is facilitating a round of International Dissertation Writing Month (InaDWriMo) in November. I'm planning to get a lot of background reading and research done in the remainder of October, and start writing the first chapter in November. I'm planning to submit a conference proposal then as well. So I'm aiming for a (comparatively) modest 12,250 words over the course of the month--that adds up to around 40 pages of dissertation writing, plus the 250-word proposal. Those 40 pages will constitute most of the chapter, and at least get me to a point where I can use some of the material I wrote for a seminar last year to round it out. And it won't feel modest to me at the end of the month, if and when I get it done! This means a lot of research for the rest of October. And a lot of structuring: I know in general terms how the chapter will be organized, and have written a broad outline, but there's some theoretical background I'm not sure where to incorporate.

2. Impulse buy of the month: a used laptop off of eb@y (a corporate lease that was returned, so it's a few years old, but a model that's gotten great reviews). I'm hoping to take it to the library to take notes on all those sources, rather than checking out stacks of books I don't really need on a daily basis.

4 comments:

Judai said...

There is the best academic structure from which you can learn different things easily. Get the best area to get the dissertation writing area. With the link of https://www.nursingcapstone.net/popular-nursing-capstone-topics/ you can manage your time in the better mode.

click here said...

In this month I don't read so much blog. But I read and visite some of blog that's so popular and impressive. This site also one of them. I find this kind of site is not much on google.

Ralph C. Kiefer said...

Sometime we are really believe in our horoscope and what it says and sometimes we do not want to go with the horoscope words. It really depends on mind. here will give you some amazing idea and very effective for the papers writing.

Johnnie S. Werth said...

Some academic side will give you pain and some academic side will let you have fun and it is your choice to go the side. click here for the students that is very helpful for the writing services.