Thursday, November 30, 2006

shooting myself in the foot

For some reason, when I set up the part of my course website that accepts assignment submissions, I did so in reverse chronological order -- that is, the most recent assignment is at the top of the page. Now, whenever I add an assignment, it appears at the bottom and I have to shift it up to the top. Sometimes I forget to do this. Then a student emails me saying "I couldn't find the place to submit the assignment, so I'm just emailing it to you." SCROLL DOWN, small children. But I can't get too mad because it's all my own fault for leading them to expect newness at top of page. Luckily, this is the next-to-last thing they're submitting online.

2 comments:

negativecapability said...

So much better than "I couldn't see where to submit it, so I, um, just figured it wasn't due after all or something."

:)

kermitthefrog said...

Now that, my friend, is very true. I am thankful for small blessings, and (semi-)responsible students...