Monday, February 19, 2007

inconveniences of cold

I have to make fewer trips to and from campus, because I don't like biking when the streets are icy. Other options include walking in the cold or taking public transit that requires me to stand out in the cold.

Staying on campus means working on campus, which I dislike because of my lack of private space.

I can't spend much time in the library before I start sweating through layers of clothes.

It takes longer to get to sleep, because I have to wait for the bed to warm up.

It takes longer to drink coffee in the morning, because I pour it into a thermos so it doesn't get cold right away.

I can't wash my hair in the morning.

All that being said, it's a little late to complain, because the weather forecast for this week is all highs in the 40's and lows in the high 20-'s-30's after today. Will today be the last of the long underwear under my pants?

No comments: