... to be found here.
1. Good god, Daniel Craig as Lord Asriel?
2. On the other hand, his ears are nowhere as big as they used to look. Perhaps it's the beard?
3. Too bad he and Eva Green won't get it on again.
4. There aren't any publicity shots of Eva Green up on the site - I suppose she'll play a larger role in the later films of the trilogy.
5. OK, another child actress named Dakota? That's just weird. She's not young enough to have been named after Dakota Fanning, so what is up with that?
6. I happen to be in the middle of re-reading the trilogy at the moment, and I have to say that this new Dakota is not at all bad match for my mental picture of Lyra. Her hair looks appropriately messy, although I think she's supposed to be scrawnier. And what is that bright pink sweater-coat she has on? We're not in another world yet, people, calm down here.
7. I have relatively few thoughts on casting Nicole Kidman as Mrs. Coulter, partly because I find her the hardest character to get a firm grip on in terms of both physical description and personality. She's more or less only described as dark-haired, slender, and beautiful, with good fashion sense, and her character develops a fair amount, at least as far as I can remember. Well, not develops exactly, but we get some sense there's a person behind the monkey.
8. Hey, there's no golden monkey in any of those photos!
9. There are no daemons visible at all, even when characters are positioned such that it would be necessary to see them! Either they're all CGI and weren't added to the publicity stills, or they've done something funky to the concept.